Maybe I am weird, but I think there are two definitions of this word.
Perhaps its the movie last night, or last night's insomnia leading to Joshua Radin singing me to sleep, or watching Micheal Phelps compete for his last time. But most likely its the intense summer thunderstorm that is roaring outside right now that is causing me wax poetic.
Most people hear the word romantic and think of
roses
love songs
candlelight dinners
weddings and wedding proposals
kissing in the perfect picturesque setting
grand gestures
But I more often think of
final performances
goodbyes/endings
sunrises/sunsets
boat rides
holding a sleeping baby
sitting on the roof on a cool summer night
watching a thunderstorm or standing in the rain
feeding ducks
swinging on swings
meteor showers
bonfires
Christmas lights
the first snow of the year....or any snow that happens at night
heck...nighttime!
the crisp smell and crunch of leaves in the fall
(you have permission to think I am crazy weird...its alright)
How do you define it???
Are you a more traditional rom-com type.....
or the more obscure 1800s definition?
Be Happy...Be Healthy
No comments:
Post a Comment