Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Eye Twitch

Sounds ominous doesn't it???

So roughly 10ish days ago, I started noticing a twitching of my lower right eyelid.
Nothing too big of deal.  Its happened infrequently at other times in my life.  Generally late at night, when I am tired and heading to bed already.  Its always gone in the morning.

The initial twitching began while I was particularly stressed and reading a lot of little/messy handwritten shot records (service project helping foreign refugees get ready for school to start).

It continued throughout the day...slight annoyance, but I figured it would go away once I slept.

But the next day it didn't stop.  And the next day it didn't either.  It would happen a dozen or so times an hour, and doesn't hinder me at all---just drives me "ABSOLUTELY BONKERS!"  (name that movie!)

Being a nurse and all I wracked my brain to figure out the cause.
Electrolyte imbalance, fatigue, stress,  eye strain???????
I didn't study eye twitching in school, but those were the only things I could think of.

I'm not anymore stressed than other times (in fact less than before haha).  I have been sleeping fairly well (trying to maintain good sleep hygiene in case some hospital calls and says can you start tomorrow!).  I couldn't place any extra reason for continued eye strain (no headaches, no vision troubles in general).  And I made sure I got back on my multivitamin (I eat better at home than at school so I hadn't been taking it)

Nothing seemed to change it!  And now we are here...10ish days later still a-twitching!
Last night I figured it had to be not so grand that it was going on for so long...so I did what every health-issue ridden person does these days....GOOGLE!!!
Like I said, we didn't study eye twitching in school, so maybe there was something I was missing.

I found this site: http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/eye-twitching.htm
(scroll down a little to see an awesome (and by awesome I mean very accurate) animation of what my eye is doing)
It adds a couple more reasons to mine (wahoo for critical thinking skills...yes this new grad figured it out all by her onesie!)
But they don't work for me either!

But the beginning does say that it could last weeks to even a month-so I guess we just wait :)


I don't know why I told you this story of my Wanky Eye (that is what I have been calling it!)
But it has become a pretty large part of my boring life so......
hehehe


Be Happy...Be Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment