Thursday, August 16, 2012

JuJu

Ever heard of it??
(skip to 3:30 for a complete explanation!) Never mess with the juju!!!!!! Long story short-I'm going to be drinking hot cocoa all day tomorrow. Oh you want the story?  Ok fine ;) Remember how I mentioned new grad programs the other day? And how hard its been for me to find a job? Well yesterday I had my first in person, nurse manager interview (usually you meet and talk with the recruiter and if they like you they pass your name along to the managers who do the actual hiring). I liked the floor.  Liked the feel and flow of it. Like the people I met and the philosophy they seem to have. Its here in St Louis (like a 15 minute commute!) which brings with it all the perks of staying here in StL. Plus the fact that I have a serious shot at getting an offer---for sure makes me like it a little bit more :) The job hunt for me though is never really over.  I am constantly checking websites looking for jobs to apply for.  That evening, despite my interview, was no different. There is an EXTREMELY competitive program in Washington DC at National Children's Medical Center.  I have applied for spots when they have appeared on the website-but not many have, and I have been unsuccessful thus far. But last night, a new opportunity appeared!  I had sort of stopped checking, because not only was there not any appearing, but it appeared like I wasn't very competitive, since I had not gotten past the application process before. But for some reason tonight I did!!! So...I'm applying this morning.  Since I last applied I have strengthened my resume and perfected my cover letter, so maybe I'll have a better shot. But if I was to be completely honest, though I hope hope hope it will work out....I'm pretty sure it will not.  That's ok of course....what is supposed to happen will happen.  But at the same time-man wouldn't it be great! And so...I need good juju! Good juju to get a job offer even if it is just as a back-up... AND good juju that I can get an interview with NCMC..... So drink some hot cocoa for me?????  Be Happy...Be Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment