But there is a new reason for me to be potentially crazy.
First some background :)
I am a new nursing graduate. This means that my job possibilities are limited. Most places would prefer to hire me in a year-but someone has to give me my first year!
To facilitate this many hospitals have "New Graduate Residency" programs. They vary in time and consist of orientations with a preceptor as well as skills training and in class learning.
They also vary in the times that they start.. Most start January and June. This leaves me in a rough spot given my graduation time. But some do start is September. And these are the ones I try to grab!
Most hospitals only accept new grad applications for med/surg floors (general adult floors). Children's hospitals obviously do not. Since I want to go into pediatrics, these are the hospitals I want to jump on most. However, they are limited.
But unfortunately, all of my options in this area are pretty much exhausted.
So I am likely going to have to settle. I like Adult Med/Surg, but I love pediatrics.
HOWEVER...
There is a pediatric position available...in Alaska.
I fell upon it accidentaly. But now I am seriously considering it!
I've applied (I figure I can always turn them down)
I've spent the afternoon researching living in Anchorage Alaska. And guess what. I WANT TO MOVE THERE!!!!!!!!
Wanna see why??
http://susanstevenson.com/blog/
I could learn to cross country ski....and ride on a snowmobile for the first time.
I could see a bear...or a moose...or a wolf....pick berries and ice fish
Witness beautiful vistas and potentially have very good odds ;)
There are MANY glorious benefits in my mind.
BUT there would be drawbacks....and that is why I wonder....am I crazy???
Be Happy...Be Healthy
It would quite the move...so you might be thinking you're crazy because of that.
ReplyDelete