But I am thinking about families a lot today.
I was on heightened alert today at church.
I attend the congregation my family has been in since I was 8 1/2 years old. Its changed quite a bit since then-and recently there have been A LOT of new families move in....with TONS of children!
And I noticed a lot of them today. Not any of them individually, but them together.
Today I watched a dad bless his little son.
I watched an older brother give is suit coat to his younger sister because she was cold
(they were probably 10 and 8!!!!).
I watched an 11 year old boy hold his youngest brother (9ish months) making faces and quietly entertaining him.
I had to hold back tears as I thought of my own brother who would totally give me his jacket if I was cold and he was here.
I thought of how close my sisters and I are. And how close they are to each other.
And though I was thinking a lot about my current family, I couldn't help but thinking about my future family too.
(yes everyone...I did just mention my future family, you have permission to be shocked for a moment but then you must get over yourself!)
I'm excited for the prospect of having my own family (again don't anyone have a cow....excitement does not mean is will happen tomorrow)
I think what I am most excited about is getting to watch my children be close to each other like me and my siblings are.
The stereotypical family is so often portrayed is crazy and chaotic, with kids only interacting to fight.
But that wasn't my experience at all.
Don't get me wrong...we fought just as much as any family, but we also were each other's best friends.
And all these family's I saw today were very similar to us.
I'm glad that I get to be with my family for eternity. We will always be together. And I am so happy that some day I will get to add to that family with my own children.
So I'm excited---not in any hurry---but still excited :)
PS..... even MORE excited for my little ones to play with all these ones little ones. Its is going to be the BEST of the BEST!!!!!!

Thanks so much for linking up! I loved reading this post :)
ReplyDeleteI always adore your posts, Steph. Thanks for linking up! :)
ReplyDeleteLove you too!
ReplyDelete