Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Hunchback Hug

Today I want a hunchback hug.
Its been a long day. A long week.  And the next 2 are shaping up to be pretty crazy.

I'm feeling just a little low.  A little insignificant and a little worthless.
You know that kind of day right???

And so...at the age of 23....I want my mommy...who gives the most comforting hugs you could ever get.

She really is the greatest!
(wish I had a picture with me and her and I'm NOT in a funny hat haha)


wait I found one!!!!!



Anyways...Let me tell you the origin of the hunchback hug....and in the process explain it a bit.

In the year 2008 my family went through a kind of rough time.  It was all around just hard.  There were several distinct moments I remember when I would just walk into our kitchen...walk up to my mom and just give her a hug.  And other times I would just be standing there and she would come up and just give me a hug.  Because my mommy is slightly shorter than me....sometimes I would hunch a little bit to get a better hug.

After the rough summer the hug kind of evolved into me going up to my mother and saying "I need a hug".  But this took too long.  And so...to shorten the process....I began to just walk up to my mother.....and hunch over......kinda pull my shoulders down...and ya know hunch.

This became the universal sign for I NEED A HUG!!!

And for the past 3 years it has worked.  Even my baby sisters do it now.
Seriously it works like a charm...she doesn't even blink anymore...just gives me a hug.
Next time you see me and my mom....tell me to do the hunchback and watch what happens.  :D

And so on a day like today....I need a hug....I need to sit down on the couch next to her...lie my head in her lap and let her brush my hair.
Thank goodness the break will be here soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're having a rough time beautiful. Best of luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete