There has got to be some scientific theory that supports the idea that surrounding yourself with something will eventually become a part of you.
Diffusion or something like that.
When you surround yourself with negativity guess what happens.....you become a pretty negative person yourself.
Here's an analogy....Plants need sunlight...water....good soil. An overall good environment.
People are just like plants. We need good environments. Surround us with sunlight, water and good soil...we will bloom and blossom and grow.
But something different about us.....plants can't move. Plants don't have as much control. We as humans can create a good environment. We can put ourselves in good soil. We can make sure we are getting enough sunlight.
These past few months I have noticed that I have been allowing myself...and sometimes even putting myself....into negative environments. Environments where humor is always at someone else's expense. Environments where people are not always treated very kindly....where I am not treated very kindly.
And I have let myself be part of this negative environment. Perpetuating it and allowing it to spread....spread into my life and others.
So I am making a resolution. I am going to limit the negativity in my life as much as I can
This is going to mean two things. I am going to have to stop putting myself in negative environments. It is going to mean a pretty drastic change in my social life. But it is going to leave me a better person....
But even more important. I am resolving to not create or perpetuate a negative environment. So often I try to create humor out of other's misfortune and at the expense of others.
I've gotten a taste of my own medicine being the brunt of jokes. And it has to end. I can't cause others to feel the way I have felt.
Its going to be hard. And I might not be nearly as funny as I used to be. And I am going to have to break the habit. But I'm going to do it!
How about you? Wanna try it with me? Just for one day....don't make a single joke at the expense of someone else. Its HARD! But sooo worth it!
But something different about us.....plants can't move. Plants don't have as much control. We as humans can create a good environment. We can put ourselves in good soil. We can make sure we are getting enough sunlight.
These past few months I have noticed that I have been allowing myself...and sometimes even putting myself....into negative environments. Environments where humor is always at someone else's expense. Environments where people are not always treated very kindly....where I am not treated very kindly.
And I have let myself be part of this negative environment. Perpetuating it and allowing it to spread....spread into my life and others.
So I am making a resolution. I am going to limit the negativity in my life as much as I can
This is going to mean two things. I am going to have to stop putting myself in negative environments. It is going to mean a pretty drastic change in my social life. But it is going to leave me a better person....
But even more important. I am resolving to not create or perpetuate a negative environment. So often I try to create humor out of other's misfortune and at the expense of others.
I've gotten a taste of my own medicine being the brunt of jokes. And it has to end. I can't cause others to feel the way I have felt.
Its going to be hard. And I might not be nearly as funny as I used to be. And I am going to have to break the habit. But I'm going to do it!
How about you? Wanna try it with me? Just for one day....don't make a single joke at the expense of someone else. Its HARD! But sooo worth it!
I'll do it with you! =) I'm usually not very funny anyway, so at least that part won't change. Lol
ReplyDelete