Sundays are interesting days. Sometimes they are very relaxing and full of naps. Other times they are insane with lots of meetings, visiting and home teaching and other social events.
Every so often church is astounding. Usually though it is just alright. I don't mean this in a bad way. There is always something to be learned and there is power in the habit of weekly church attendance. But not every week has to be/or usually is this overwhelming amazing spiritual experience. Those I have found are generally few and far between.
But usually there are still a few moments of clarity. Moments of "oh that is good" "that's something I want to remember" "I've never thought about it that way" Little light bulb moments. Not exactly flood lights...but a little glimmer.
My favorite light-bulb of the day? In RS we were discussing the personal creed George Albert Smith created for himself.
The leader of the discussion (aka the teacher haha) suggested that we think about the forest not just the trees.
We so easily think about how we are not doing this right and we fall short in that area. But what about overall?? Yes..true you can't build a forest without trees. But one or two slightly unsightly trees doesn't kill the forest.
So yeah work on getting those trees beautiful like the others....but remember you are a forest of beautiful trees!
No comments:
Post a Comment