Monday, January 16, 2012

Wash it All Away

So I am sitting in my room (in Columbia...I'm back!) with the window open (I remind you I live in MO and its JANUARY)
And I am listening to rain...pouring rain.  And you know what else?  THUNDER!
I'm also drying my hair...cause I took a little rain walk tonight.

A million and a half years ago I went through a nasty break up.  I mourned and grieved and steamed for weeks.  And eventually it got to be too much.  I had to let it go.  It had been blazing hot...unbearably hot.  And that night...right as this song came up on my shuffle...the rain came.

It was cool and cleansing.  The world needed it..and so did I.

As I remember how good I felt, I have realized how much I need that again.


We always wish things were different.  That we were different.
But sometimes we have to make it happen.  We have to walk out into the rain.  It might be safe with our worries.  But we have to run out...get out and scream.


This break has been eventful.  I have learned a lot about myself...experienced MANY things that have helped me to feel the need for some epic changes.

So let the rain come down.  We are going to make new ground in this new semester.  I'm gonna let this rain wash away all the rotten and leave me with the new.

It won't be easy to rebuild.  But its for the best.
So thanks rain....thanks for reminding me.

1 comment:

  1. What a coincidence! I'm about to go for a rain walk myself.

    ReplyDelete