Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Tribute to the Best Brother in the UNIVERSE!

I have THE best brother in the world.  Seriously I will fight you.  Mine is better!  Seriously!

He is sweet.  He has a true and deep concern for the people he loves.  We sometimes have to censor our letters to make sure he won't worry.

He is, according to other people (I can't see it cause I still kinda hold a slight grudge for when he would pull all the books off my bookshelf and I would have to clean them up), attractive....weird!


He is great at making me calm down.  There is a message saved on my voice mail from a year or so ago I still listen to sometimes in my freak out moments.  I had just finished a nursing school interview and I had texted him FREAKING...he responded by calling me and telling me to chill cause I am great and awesome!


He never got annoyed with me and my anxious traveler syndrome!  He would just laugh..or roll his eyes...or tell me it was going to be fine.
At a lay-over in Denver where he allowed me to distract myself with a crazy amount of pictures!

He is SUPER strong in the Gospel..and getting stronger!  He finishes all his emails telling us how true the Gospel is and how important the work he is doing is.




He is so helpful.  All growing up that was the first thing teachers would say about him to my mom at parent-teacher conferences.  He loves to help people in any way he can.  His emails are always full of stories about how he fixed this or that for someone out there!


He is hard working.  There is so much work to be done in Ghana.  The church is very new there and he is working so hard to help the new members grow.  He really doesn't really like contacting and tracting, but he still does it!


He gives really good hugs.  That might be what I miss most!


He is HYSTERICAL!!!!  He can get the whole room rolling on the ground!  His Yoda impression??  EPIC!!!!!!


He is one of the best listeners I know!  Having 4 sisters has taught him a lot about listening!  He is really good about just listening and not always trying to fix the problem.


He always helps me and never judges or makes fun of me...ok so he sometimes he does..but its always while he is letting me break his hand on the tram up the arch....or during take off and landing.


He is so cute and embarrassed every time girly things are brought up.  You would think that with 5 out of our 7 being female he wouldn't be so uncomfortable.  But you bring up certain words that start with p, t, or b....and he covers his ears and starts talking or singing really loud!


He is very protective.  Whenever I tell him about a guy I am seeing he gets super protective.  He wants all the details...and then approves or tells me to get rid of him.  His words.. "Nope..not cool!" or "Nope...don't like him"  "Ditch him"  And even when he approves...he always tells me to be careful.


He is super cool...I mean really he just is!

He loves to have fun!

My baby brother...isn't much of a baby anymore!
Today he is 20...
I miss him more than ANYTHING!!!
And I want him to come home tomorrow!
But at the same time...I am so proud and so glad he is serving a mission.

1 comment:

  1. awwww! Steph this is soooo sweet!
    but seriously i will agree that it's really weird when people tell me Garrett's hot- it majorly creeps me out!
    ps i still can't believe he convinced me to go on his shoulders, i swear he was going to drop me! love ya Garrett!

    ReplyDelete