A few years back I taught a couple Relief Society lessons in my home ward. This group of women has known me since I was 8. They are former Primary teachers, former Young Women's leaders. And to this day...my mother still tells me that some of the women still talk about my lessons. Seriously these lessons were like 4ish years ago! I thought these were supposed to be old women with memory issues!
But they remember.
And I guess I am ok with that. I don't understand it...but I'm ok with it. Cause I LOVE to teach. I have been drawn to maternal/child health/nursing because there is so much teaching involved.
I taught preschool and loved coming up with lesson plans and tying all of the day's activities in with the lesson.
I am so excited for my Community Health clinicals because I get to do a lot of preventative teaching.
Last Sunday morning, my Branch President called me in to release me from my calling as Relief Society 2nd counselor.
It was completely out of the blue and unexpected. And came on a day when I had a lot of other stuff on my mind, kind of weighing me down. And so after a minor breakdown...followed by a major breakdown (thank goodness for big sisters who don't mind that you just took 90ish minutes of their time to SOB!) I had kind of run out of emotions..and I realized...I had a new calling! Crazy!
I have been called to be a teacher in the Relief Society. I get to teach! I get to study the lessons and bring together what I think the girls need to hear and need to learn. I get to have a connection with each girl as I learn about them through our discussions. I get to provide a (hopefully) enlightening third hour for the girls...that they will want to stay for.
Teaching is great..and I am excited!!!!!
Totally agree that teaching is one of the most fun callings you can aver have. Despite all the fun I'm having as Branch Mission Leader, my favorite calling still is teaching Mission Prep class back in my KC singles' branch.
ReplyDeleteYou can sob for 90 hours if it helps :P
ReplyDelete