Monday, March 5, 2012

Are Those Real??

Bet I got your attention with that title didn't I?????

This is the number one question I get everytime I visit the schools with my pig lungs.

For my community health internship I often get to work with a high school group called HOPE.  It stands for Helping Our Peers Everywhere.  They often go to visit middle and elementary schools to talk to them about lots of topics that are relevant to them.
And one of them is....SMOKING!

And I go along and provide the "nursing perspective" and I tell them about what smoking does to their bodies!

I have one set of lungs that are healthy and great.



And then I have a set of lungs that aren't so healthy


They are what lungs look like...20 years, a pack a day.


And the kids EAT IT UP!!!!!  They LOVE LOVE LOVE it!


I blow them up and they go CRAZY!!!!


It helps them kind of get a better picture of what smoking does to their lungs.

I love to talk to them and teach them and answer all their questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment