This weekend was truly amazing. I was so blessed to be able to travel to St Louis and hear Elder David A Bednar speak on 3 different occasions.
Before I gush about my feelings on the event....let me explain to anyone who might be confused as to why this was so amazing.
When Jesus Christ lived on the earth, he called 12 Apostles to lead his church. In the early days of Christianity, these Apostles were martyred. In 1835, the Lord called 12 men to fill these roles once again. And ever since, we have had apostles leading the world.
One of these men right now is Elder David A Bednar.
The likelihood of seeing an apostle in real-life in person, leading a regional meeting (aka stake conference) is SUPER SUPER low.
So I was super lucky to be able to head down to stay with my family and hear him speak.
Of course I can't say much. The things I learned and the things I felt are personal and specific to me-and might not apply to you.
I felt so much power and peace from the meetings. I was able to have a chance to shake the hands of both Elder Bednar, and Elder Hilliar (a member of the 6th quorum of the 70, and a regional leader). I got such a strong feeling that they are both called of God and the words they spoke were true. They were the words God wanted me to hear.
That feeling was truly the most pervasive of the weekend.
I also learned a great deal about what I need to do to be a better person and to grow spiritually in my life.
I would like to share my favorite insight that was shared. We talk a lot about the healing power of the Atonement and the cleansing power of the Atonement. But have we ever thought about the strengthening power of the Atonement?
I personally always think of the Atonement helping me through hard times by giving me peace. Its more than that. It can help us get through our trials. Pretty great right???
Just a thought...read Mosiah 24 . (This is a book in the Book of Mormon, another book of scripture in our church). Its really great.
(Just a side note for all my readers....if you EVER EVER EVER have any questions about my faith and beliefs...please ASK! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to answer questions!)
No comments:
Post a Comment