Monday, March 26, 2012

TWBMH Part 2: The first date

Ok...so this is not a story I am necessarily proud to share...but I share it for the sake of my discouraged readers who feel they never get an opportunity to date.

So it is my freshman year.  I am 19 years old.  I go with my sister to her ward the Sunday after Thanksgiving cause I am not quite ready to go back to mine.  I meet this boy...Ice Skating Boy.  Return missionary, nice, not unattractive.
 
He asks me out for that next weekend and I agree.  I am pretty sure that I was the single most terrible date this guy has EVER been on.
Lets be honest I had NEVER been on a date before in my LIFE!

(Yes this is moderately embarrassing and again I am only admitting this in hopes that it provides hope to the discouraged.  But let me defend myself a little bit by saying that going on dates just really didn't happen where I grew up, so I didn't have much opportunity)

So anyway, lets just say I was DISASTROUSLY bad at it!  I didn't really realize it at the time.  But looking back...HOLY COW!  I would have given him a second date...but I really don't think he wanted to run with this one again hahaha.  I'm pretty sure he got married a few months later...so I didn't wound him at least with my terrible incompetence!!!!

I don't think I learned too much or added anything to the list with this one...just was good practice I guess.  Cause boy was I an awkward cold mess! (weird phrase I know, but hot mess implies I looked good and I don't think I did!)  Thank goodness I got some more confidence and some more practice cause I would be a hopeless case if I hadn't!!!!

I got one more chance to practice at a dorm sponsored dance, when Chauvinistic Pig asked me.
(note about this name...it was a joke between him and I...he was not really a chauvinistic pig!)
We had a good time.  I think I did better than my first date.  But it was so long ago I don't really remember.  We were good friends, so nothing came of it and that was fine with me!

Now I say I share this story saying that I hope it gives hope to those who like me, got a late start, and even after that late start still didn't get a lot of dates.  But maybe its not very comforting given my current state of bad luck hahahahaha.  But even though I have bad luck...it doesn't mean I don't get asked.....
I feel like a commercial for bullying...."It gets better"


Up next??? The terribleness of my sophomore year including Museum Boy and Knight in Shining Armor

No comments:

Post a Comment