Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Theory of Anticipation

First I wanna say a quick hi to any new visitors from
 Love is the Adventure.
I LOVE LOVE Miss Elizabeth...
so often she writes just what I'm thinking!


Now I realized yesterday
I haven't shared a theory with you guys in a while.
And I have one that has been simmering for a little while...
and after a Tuesday night chat with a great friend I discovered we were no longer rare...but in fact well done :)

So...lets talk about kissing.  hehehe

Close your eyes...think of the best kiss you ever had.
Now think about what happened before it.

How long had you waited?
Had you been waiting and anticipating its coming?
Not to the point of anxious "build up" but just a hopeful...yearning is the wrong word, but you catch my drift :)

Let me tell you a story.  Once (aka many times) there was a boy.  This boy was not really much to hold back the kisses...until he met a girl he liked.

If it was a girl he really liked he would make her wait.
(Now I do not approve of this particular method of mind-games, but I appreciate the result)

First date:
              "Of course he didn't kiss me..its a first date!"
Second date:
              "I want him to...but its still early"
Third date:
              "I hope he does! Oh well, he's just a slow mover"
Fourth date:
               "ok am I picking up the wrong signals here?"
Fifth date:
               "Is he ever gonna kiss me?"
Sixth date:
                "Oh my gosh! Is something wrong with me?"
Seventh date:
                "AHHHHH!!!  I'm HIDEOUS!!!"
(this step could go on for a bit)

"Final" date:  (this varies based on the situation)
                      a. "Oh heck I'll just kiss him myself!"
                      b. "If he doesn't this is our last date!...
                           OH well then!"
                      c. "FINALLY...oh WOW!"

Now aside from the crazy mind games.....this kid has a point



Totally true.  That FINALLY is pretty great.

So gentleman...the key is anticipation.
Hold off.  Make us go a little crazy.
(key word is A LITTLE..not A LOT!)

And ladies...don't let them too soon.  Trust me you will thank me for you very own finally moment later ;)

Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not by Thompson Square on Grooveshark


So what do you think??
Am I high as a kite?
Or right as rain?

3 comments:

  1. "AHHHHH!!! I'm HIDEOUS!!!" thank you Mallory! "im about to kiss a serial killer!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I caught that DC reference, too ;)

    Well... let's hope it's worth the wait. I'm just sittin' here, twiddling my thumbs.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you are right but I want to emphasize the not too slow part. My last boyfriend dated me for 10 weeks - so at least 60 goodnights and never once kissed me - never got close, never even tried. There were other things going on but that was DEFINITELY one of the things that led to our break up.

    ReplyDelete