Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dear Hypo/Hyperthermia

In the medical world, we get concerned when a patient has a high temp...but isn't sweating anymore.
Or when their temp is too low, and they aren't shivering anymore.

These outward signs of an internal problem are actually good signs.
It means the body is attempting to compensate.  They tell you the body knows its not the right temperature.... that it is trying to fix the problem on its own.

When I am stressed out...my outward signs--tears. Generalized freaking out. List making...control taking
You can tell I'm stressed.

The past couple of days I have noticed...headaches, insomnia, stomachaches...but no freaking out.
No crying. My body has stopped sweating.  I'm not shivering anymore

No bueno

I'm dancing on the edge of a cliff, any second about to fall into the ocean known as mental and emotional breakdown.

You might think I am being dramatic.  Over-reacting.
And to that I respond....right....you'll be my first call when I am on a 96-hour psych hold at MUPC and we shall see who was over or under reacting!!!!!!!!


I knew nursing school would be hard.  But I didn't realize it would be this bad.
I didn't realize that one wrong move could put me on the brink of failing.
The brink of having to stay another 4 months...take out another loan...do it all again.
After all this work and all this time..all the grey hairs, ulcers, sleepless nights, and tears shed...imploding in the final stretch.

I mean its not for sure, set in stone....just a large possibility.
"Well prevent it" you say.  Well I could maybe do that...but there are no guarantees in nursing school

I only have 13 more days.  I used to say I could do anything for 13 months (roughly the length of this program)
Lets hope that this phrase remains true for these last 13 days.

Keep your fingers crossed this program is not going to put me in the funny farm!!!!!!




Keep Breathing by Ingrid Michaelson on Grooveshark  a slightly dramatic song.  But its all I've got to do at this point!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I understand completely...I know you can come out strong the other end.

    ReplyDelete