Ok so maybe wildly is too strong of a word. How about "dramatically not quite right" hahahaha
Let me explain what led me to this conclusion.
I was driving around doing errands today. My car radio is currently not working so my car is very quiet....leading to lots of random thought moments....and a few too many talking to myself moments (I should prolly be concerned about that!)
So today I started thinking about baseball. Which made me think about the Cubs...who I have realized I am pretty apathetic about.
This is a "terrible" thing because I totally bleed Cardinal red. And I am suppose to have very strong feelings of dislike for the Cubs. And I guess I do when they play us...or are beating us in the division (if its like Sept...earlier than that its just too early in the season!)
But I feel that way about lots of teams we play.
Anyway-it makes sense that I would have this apathy. I was reared by a mom who was born and raised on Cubs baseball. She is a Cards fan now, but still has lots of Cub memories.
This led me to thinking about how I am surprised I am not a Cubs fan. I used to be a Bears fan. (Prolly still would be since I have heard the Rams SUCK..but I'm not a huge NFL fan. This past NFL season I played a game with my family where they would quiz me on the location of the teams..I knew NONE at the beginning. But by the end..I wasn't half bad!)
But really...I was a Bears fan. I had blue and orange pompoms. I had a Bears cheerleader outfit. From the tender age of 3 (at least) I knew every word to the Bears fight song.
(Remember all this was the out-loud thought process that was happening during my errand driving.)
As I was remembering all these things...I decided I needed to see if I still remembered the song. I've got some of it. Missing quite a few parts. (Don't worry...I'm gonna practice..maybe even for a Movie Monday tehehehe)
BUT....
I realized the song tells the Bears to...Bear down.
Maybe no one else gets this...but one time in nursing school (uh oh thats the beginning of a bad joke!)
But really...in the nursing world that is what we tell patients to do when they are backed up...if you catch my meaning.
Interesting advice Chicago Bears fans....interesting advice.
Apparently the whole team has a constipation problem ;)
(PS...I remember a TOTALLY different melody...that is much better than this one but...)
PPS...yes I know...I have a gross train of thought. I'm a nurse! What do you expect!!!???
haha!
ReplyDelete