Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dear C2J Moment

Alright-so there is this phrase on the floor I have been placed on (and already feel a part of thanks to the AWESOME nurses and staff!)

Its called a "Come to Jesus" chat/moment.

We take care of a lot of detox patients, mostly from alcohol.

These patients aren't always cooperative and are FREQUENTLY in need of some serious life changes!

Often the members of the patient's team have to have a sit down chat.  A "Come to Jesus" moment.

Now I don't LOVE the phrase.  (Seems just a tad irreverent)  But I love the sentiment behind it.

Every now and then we have gotten off the path a bit.

And we've gotta take a u-turn.  And come back to Jesus.

Lately I have been all whiny and complainy about how rough life is.
And its alright for life to be rough, but I have been kinda going the pity party, "woe is me" route.
And that is not really alright.

I watch so many of my friends (blogging and otherwise) have such strength through enormous trials.
I have not been following their example of grace, poise and strength.

So its time to get off my butt!
Its time to recommit myself.
I've made some changes (some dramatic)
And I am increasing my diligence in the important parts of life.

If I am a good person; if I keep my covenants; if I work hard; if I do the VERY best that I can....I'm going to be strengthened when the inevitable arises.
And maybe I'll even be able to change my inevitable a little bit.



letter-gratitude-heart-presents_3298920-3

1 comment:

  1. You are so awesome! I think we ALL have our moments of weakness when going through a trial and then we give ourselves a good kick in the rear and get back on track... which ever track that needs to be!

    ReplyDelete