Its been an interesting year.
I have (almost) graduated from nursing school. I have really worked as a nurse.
I have bought a car. I have applied for at least 40 jobs!
I have juggled school, and clinicals and a part time job.
I have said goodbye to a few people. I have "graduated" from the singles ward here.
And I have gotten over him.
Its funny that despite all the things that have happened. I remember every moment.
From the first date to the last time we talked.
But I remember eating the kettle corn I had just made.
I remember the pounding heart. The phone call to my sister...to my mom...to Dan.
Texting and then talking to Beth. Tearing down pictures, un-tagging them.
Having to go to classes the next day and though I was able to vent to my friends there I still had to keep it together. Finally being able to take Thursday afternoon off after clinicals to not keep it together anymore.
The weekend after which was plagued by the idea that everything I was doing should have been with him...but the fact that I was home with the people I loved...and who were so worried about me...making it ok.
And now its all good again.
I'll be honest and say I haven't gotten over what we had. But I'm not sure I ever will.
You never forget the first time you truly cared for someone in that way.
But I guess that means it was real. And that is strangely comforting
No comments:
Post a Comment