Monday, January 9, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You....



So..... guess what?  I really really really like this song.  For anyone who knows me is prolly not surprised....I am kind of a pretty big fan of a good Girl Power rock-out :)

(Also..ps...the REAL American Idol....Kelly Clarkson...better than any one of the posers since.)  

You know the bed feels warmer 
Sleeping here alone
You know I dream in color 
 And do the things I want
You think you got the best of me 
Think you had the last laugh
Bet you think that everything good is gone 
Think you left me broken down
Think that I'd come running back 
Baby you don't know me, cause you're dead wrong

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger 
 Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone  
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter 
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger 
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
 Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

You heard that I was starting over with someone new 
They told you I was moving on, over you
You didn't think that I'd come back I'd come back swinging
You try to break me, but you see

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger 
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone 
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter 
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger 
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger 
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

Thanks to you I got a new thing started. 
Thanks to you I'm not the broken-hearted
Thanks to you I'm finally thinking about me 
You know in the end the day you left was just my beginning
In the end...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger 
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone 
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter 
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger 
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger 
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone



So yeah maybe its a song mostly for the girls.  But guys this could be for you too.
Trials and hard things can make you a better person on the other side...if you let it.  If you choose to stand a little taller, if you turn yourself into a fighter.  

Life can get you down sometimes.
 The going can get pretty rough.  
But...don't let it get you down.  You can do it!

1 comment: